10 Feb SWFLCF To Hold Grant Workshops
FORT MYERS, Fla. (Jan. 30, 2012) – The Southwest Florida Community Foundation will host grant workshops across the five county area it serves in February and March. The grant workshops are meant to inform nonprofit agencies about the various grant opportunities available through the foundation.
According to the Foundation’s Director of Programs, Anne Douglas, the series will address agency mythbusters, training and grant updates on their current grant programs.
“Grants can be a considerable source of frustration for nonprofits,” said Douglas. “These informational workshops are meant to breakdown the confusion and questions and make the process as simple and pain free as possible so that we are able to get funds into the hands of the community organizations that need them.”
The Southwest Florida Community Foundation has been supporting the communities of Lee, Charlotte, Glades, Hendry, and Collier counties since 1976. With assets of over $60 million, the Community Foundation has provided more than $50 million in grants and scholarships to the communities it serves.
- Thursday, Feb. 23 from 2 to 4pm at the Alliance of the Arts in Fort Myers, 10091 McGregor Boulevard;
- Friday, Feb. 24 from 10am to 12 noon at the Cultural Center of Charlotte County, 2280 Aaron Street, Port Charlotte;
- Thursday, Mar. 1 from 2 to 4 pm at the Bonita Springs Chamber of Commerce, 25071 Chamber of Commerce Drive;
- Friday, Mar. 2 from 2 to 4pm at F.I.S.H. of Sanibel, 1630 Periwinkle Way, Suite B;
- Tuesday, Mar. 6 from 10 am to 12 noon at First Bank of Clewiston, 300 E Sugarland Hwy
- Tuesday, Mar. 6 from 2 to 4pm at the Hendry County Health Department, 1140 Pratt Blvd., LaBelle.
Reservations are required by February 17. For more information, please call Anne Douglas at 274-5900, or RSVP online.Please specify which session you are interested in.