Thank you for choosing your cause.
As we build our knowledge and passion networks in this caring community, we will note your cause and along the way, we hope to include you in the effect.
We are passionate about animals too. For example, over the last 10 years, the Southwest Florida Community Foundation has provided $1,167,403 in aid to local animal welfare organizations, to assure programs that address the health, safety and security of animals and wildlife, such as:
- We recently provided a grant to the Humane Society to fence in its Canine Clubhouse area, to better protect dogs and puppies which otherwise would have to be turned away from this no-kill shelter.
- When the Octagon Refuge for sick, abused and injured zoo and circus animals needed help with shelter for a new tiger cub, they called on us and our donors for help.
- In addition, we have purchased cages for Center for Rehabilitation of Wildlife (C.R.O.W.)’s new hospital for injured wildlife in Southwest Florida.
- Provided medical equipment for the Animal Refuge Center’s surgical treatment center
- Provided a grant to establish a new pet spay/neuter clinic for low-income families
But, together, we can do more!
These and many additional needs are presented to us nearly every day in our region.