2016-17 Arts and Attractions Grant Guidelines
The Arts and Attractions grant cycle was established in 2004 as a partnership of the Lee County Tourist Development Council, City of Fort Myers, Lee County Alliance for the Arts, and the Southwest Florida Community Foundation to promote and strengthen the Arts, Cultural, and Attractions industry in Lee County.
- To use existing resources to strengthen the tourist destination of Lee County, especially to encourage repeat visits.
- Provide the financial foundation that will encourage additional and create greater resources for growth in the Lee County Arts, Cultural, and Attractions industry.
- Partner with motivated professionals to maximize the expenditure and ensure a quality return on the community’s investment.
One type of grant will be offered:
Marketing and Visitor Enhancement Grants
These grants provide funds for the year round marketing and advertising needs of arts, cultural, and attractions organizations located in Lee County. Funding for this grant program is contingent upon approval of the TDC and the Board of County Commissioners.
Note: Basic Operating Grant requests are no longer eligible for funding through the Arts and Attractions grant cycle. However, arts, cultural, and attractions organizations are now eligible to request support for programs through the Southwest Florida Community Foundation’s Community Impact Grant process, which launches this summer.
- Nonprofit organizations exempt from Federal income taxes under Section 501(c)3 of the Internal Revenue Code and units of government are eligible [(c)4 and (c)6 agencies are ineligible].
- Applicants must be located in Lee County.
- Maximum grant award is $25,000. The average grant size is $10,000, and most grants are in the range of $5,000 to $15,000.
- Arts and Attractions grants are not reimbursable, and approved projects must be implemented between January and September each year.
- Arts, cultural, and attractions organizations are eligible to apply, and eligible projects must be focused on arts/cultural attractions promotion.
- Eligible organizations must be active participants in marketing initiatives and seminars sponsored by the Lee County Visitor and Convention Bureau.
- Previous year’s grant recipients must submit an evaluation report that includes measurements of marketing efforts conducted prior to the submission of their grant application in order to be considered for funding.
Dates to Remember
May 2nd – June 27th, 2016 – Arts and Attractions Application Process Open
This year’s application process is being facilitated by the Southwest Florida Community Foundation.