2017-18 Arts and Attractions Grant Guidelines
The Lee County Visitor & Convention Bureau (VCB), in partnership with the Southwest Florida Community Foundation, accepts, reviews and processes funding requests from tourism-related, non-profit organizations on behalf of the Tourism Development Council (as qualified per Florida State Statute 125.0104).
The program provides financial assistance to not-for-profit arts and attractions organizations that enhance tourism opportunities in Lee County. These site-based attractions and organizations provide a different level of service to visitors than events, and by the nature of their existence, attract visitation to the region or offer reasons for visitors to extend their stay in the destination.
To be eligible for this program, an organization must meet the following minimum criteria:
- The organization must be legally organized as a nonprofit, holding a federal 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status OR be an arts or cultural department or division of a municipal government that is incorporated in Lee County.
- The organization must be a tourism attraction or organization, located in Lee County.
- The organization must have their financial statements audited or reviewed annually by a third party CPA, and the most recent year’s report will be provided to VCB upon request.
- The organization’s facilities, programs or services must be available to visitors throughout the year. While an organization’s major program(s) or service(s) may occur primarily during a specific time of year, other services and programming should occur and benefit visitors throughout the remainder of the year.
- The organization must have a dedicated administrator responsible for managing the organization.
It is the responsibility of the applicant to show proof of eligibility. Applications should also show how the organization brings visitors to Lee County throughout the year. Organizations must be able to show results of grant dollars spent (e.g. Increased out-of town visitation, increased website traffic, etc.) with specific data.
Fundable and Non-Fundable items:
Grant funds MAY be used for…
- The production and placement of print, television, radio and billboard ads.
- Digital marketing efforts such as online advertising, social media campaigns, search optimization and e-marketing.
- The design and construction of a new website or enhancements to an existing website. Note: Website hosting fees are considered an operational expense, and will not be covered by grant funds.
Revised March, 2017
- Printing and mailing/distribution costs for travel guides, attraction maps, rack cards and any direct mail projects.
- Photography and video projects that support an approved marketing campaign.
- International marketing opportunities.
Fiscal Year 2017/2018 Application Timeline:
Still Have Questions?
Please contact Ashley Skalecki at [email protected] or at 239-274-5900